Date: June 9th, 3-5pm
Location: Franklin Square, 14th St. and K St. NW
Event description: A potluck dedicated to the empowerment and integration of all members of the Washington DC community with a special emphasis on the homeless population. Through the exchange of wholesome food, conversations, socio-political poetry and performance art, this event is dedicated to nurturing the human spirit.
Successfully completed with over meals served to over 150 people in and around Franklin Square!!
Now a monthly event!
Day of Volunteer Opportunities
- Transport food from donation centers to 14th and K St.
Donations will need to arrive between 2:30-2:45 pm, Please let us know what dish you plan on bringing by emailing us.
- Set-up and management of potluck :
Set-up will take place between 2:30-2:45pm. Clean-up will take place between 5-6 pm.
- Friendly personalities needed to help facilitate dialogue and interaction between homeless and non-homeless guests.
- Performers and entertainers: Story tellers, Activist Theater, Comedians, Musicians, Jugglers, Performance Poetry, Drummers and more!
- Water coolers
- Your favorite dish ( to feed atleast 15 people)
Franklin Square is located in Downtown DC. It is bounded by K Street NW to the north, 13th Street NW on the east, I Street NW on the south, and 14th Street NW on the west. The closest metro is McPherson Square (Blue and Orange Line, I street exit).
From the metro (via Google Maps):
- 1. Head north on 14th St NW toward I St NW (0.1 mi)
- 2. Turn right onto K St NW, the square is on the right.