We are so excited by the amount of volunteers who have responded and that will be helping with this event!
Our goals for this event:
- To spread joy to the DC community while giving back to its members
- To facilitate connection between members of the community
- To uplift our community through genuine acts of kindness
Donations will need to arrive between 2:30-2:45 pm, Please let us know what dish you plan on bringing by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some final details:
To All our volunteers:
- We will be arriving to Franklin Square between 2:30-2:45pm to begin setting up, we will begin serving at 3pm and continue until the food runs out or until 5pm
- Performers and entertainers will be providing entertainment while we serve the food so feel free to join in with them!
- Please wear bright clothes!
- Bring your smile and it will be hot, so please dress for this type of weather!
- We need Friendly personalities needed to help facilitate dialogue and interaction between homeless and non-homeless guests.
- We will have a list of duties available at the event on Saturday.
What are we serving?
- Bagel sandwiches ( with bagels donated from Panera!)
- Packaged sandwiches and salads donated from ThriveDC
- Chocolate Truffle Dessert
- As well as the dish you bring!
What we still need:
- Water and Cups to serve the water. If you are a volunteer and have nothing to bring, a gallon of water or a bag of cups would be great!
Are you on Twitter?
Tweet us pictures or your thoughts on the event before and during the event @inonedaydc. If you tweet about our event please use #inonedaydc, so we can follow you as well!
Franklin Square is located in Downtown DC. It is bounded by K Street NW to the north, 13th Street NW on the east, I Street NW on the south, and 14th Street NW on the west. The closest metro is McPherson Square (Blue and Orange Line, I street exit).
From the metro (via Google Maps):
- Head north on 14th St NW toward I St NW (0.1 mi)
- Turn right onto K St NW, the square is on the right.